Last night, my friend Jenna....
....made a wonderful dinner for my family. She seemed to think she owed it to me, which is ridiculous -- she's just a good friend and knows how much I LOVE not having to make dinner. The dinner was chicken and rice with this super yum gravy, green been casserole with French's onions on the top, and lava cake. It tasted sooo good and we always have such a fun time with them.
Here are just a few of the many things I love about Jenna:
- She's kind to everybody - she's one of the kindest people I know.
- She's humble and self-effacing even though she's beautiful and EXTREMELY talented.
- She's my kid's piano teacher and has made piano fun for them - they feel confident and safe with her, I can't believe how well they're playing already!
- She's fun to hang out with.
- She's a great wife and a wonderful mother, it's fun to watch her with her kids.
- She's creative and crafty and I wouldn't be blogging if it weren't for her.
- She writes great thank-you notes.
Love you Jen!
And then TONIGHT.....
I came in the door after having been at work all day and then on my own horse until about 20 minutes after dark, and wondered what in the world I was going to make for dinner this time of night. And then I noticed this:
a whole bunch of it - thick, creamy, flavorful Chicken Corn Chowder.
....a soft, fluffy, perfectly baked butter-top homemade roll - and 7 of his friends.
Apparently, my friend Katie - who's family pictures I took last night - brought me dinner. That's two nights in a row that my friends have fed my family. And they're both waaay better cooks than I am. How did I get so lucky?
And to top it off, I have a lovely jar of plum jelly that my friend, Omi, brought me that I can put on the rolls.
Can anyone say CARBOHYDRATES?
Mmmmm. My favorite.
Here's another fun picture of Katie (and her sweetheart) that we got last night.
And here are a few things I love about Katie:
- She's honest and candid.
- She's always upbeat and positive.
- She's very generous about sharing all her amazing recipes.
- Her pumpkin cake.
- Her banana cake.
- Her chocolate sheet cake.
- She tends my kids while I work and I feel so safe when they're with her. They love to go to her house.
- She's always a phone call away whenever I need to talk to someone.
- She's lots of fun.
- She loves her family SO much.
So to any and all of my good friends who might be reading this - you know who you are - I love you guys, thanks for putting up with me!